Children’s Rights Poetry: The Web Facts

I’m sorry if you landed on this page while searching for information on children’s human rights poetry. Bless you for your interest in the topic, and please accept my apology for luring you here. Allow me to explain.

On Friday I received a report containing the latest intelligence on the number of visitors we’ve had over the past few weeks, as well as hints about how people are finding this site. First, I was gratified to learn that there are actually people who check in with us. I also learned that when friends at our favorite Portland blogs such as Art Scatter or Blogorrhea (the blog formerly known as MrMead's Pupu Platter) mention us, we see a bump in traffic. So, please visit them when you’re done here and we'll all share a win-win, synergistic potlatch of reciprocity and good will.

The report also identifies the search queries that led folks our way. For instance, somebody used search terms “funny aids” and landed on my post about Third Rail’s show, “Dead Funny with Visual Aids.” Another inquisitive soul Googled the unwieldy phrase, “Demonstrate your ability to read and interpret a want ad from a local newspaper” and landed on my October 4, 2008 post in which I lamented the demise of newspapers.

What I found especially curious is that the most common search phrase leading to Culture Shock was “Children’s Rights Poetry” (or close variants). Over a ten-day span in November, some two dozen searches using such terms landed readers on my August 2, 2008 post which touched on the subject. More surprising is the fact that Culture Shock ranks as #3 in the ensuing results for such searches. Hence, to ensure that we continue to optimize searches for Culture Shock, I propose that all future posts include “Children's Rights Poetry” in the title. For example, “Children’s Rights Poetry: Great Happy Hour Find!”

For those who came to this post in search of poetry for children, I recommend you visit the site of U.K.’s Children’s Laureate, Michael Rosen. Here’s a video of Mr. Rosen reciting a piece I found particularly touching:


No comments: