That's My Senator!

Call me a mormon-lovin' fool, but my man Gordon Smith is mouthin' off to the President and I heart him for it! In an emotional speech on the floor of the U.S. Senate (on the last day of this do-nothing Congress), Smith (a Republican) said, "I, for one, am at the end of my rope when it comes to supporting a policy that has our soldiers patrolling the same streets in the same way, being blown up by the same bombs day after day. That is absurd. It may even be criminal."

Hate that it took the GOP so long to understand the obvious, but better late than never, eh? Takes balls to say you were wrong, and that you're mad as hell at the wasted sacrifice and the turmoil we've put this county through. If you have to have a Republican Senator, Smith (like Hatfield before him) is the kind of guy you want.

Update 12/10. Gordon's on This Week with George Stephanopoulos!! (Or George Snuffalupougus my Republican buddy likes to call him). Sweet remarks, check them out!

No comments: