Vive le Conservatoire

In this morning’s Oregonian, Grant Butler wrote about the Portland Actors Conservatory (PAC) becoming accredited by the National Association of Schools of Theatre.

I just wanted to pass the word along and express my congratulations to the Conservatory for reaching an important milestone. Full disclosure: I’ve been working with the folks at PAC for the past few years, helping them raise a little extra scratch to pay for their good work. Plus, founder and Artistic Director, Beth Harper, is one of my favorite people in Portland’s arts world (or any world) – funny, smart and incredibly committed to her work. A city’s cultural vitality is stronger for having a vibrant and diverse theater community ... including places where theater artists can develop their craft.

The article appeared in the “How We Live” section of the O. In my household we call it the “How To Live” section -- as in, “Pass me the section that tells me how to live ‘cause there ain’t much to read in the rest of this rag, and the New York Times hasn't arrived yet.”

Here’s the article:
http://www.oregonlive.com/artsandevents/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/entertainment/1217028312129350.xml&coll=7

Here’s Portland Actors Conservatory: http://www.actorsconservatory.com/

No comments: