Last Call

Here's my weekly summary of critically acclaimed or highly anticipated arts events that may have snuck up on you -- but they're about to close. So be sure you catch them this weekend if you possibly can.

I heard good things about Holcombe Waller's theatrical performance of original folk songs that opened last night at Imago Theater. More performances tonight (Friday) at 8PM, Saturday at 8PM, and Sunday at 2PM. Just fifteen bucks.

And, The Importance of Being Earnest at Portland Center Stage wraps up its run with final performances tonight and tomorrow, closing Sunday. My how time flies. If you're short on cash I highly recommend their rush line for $10 tickets, or use your Arts Card to get 2-for-1 tickets.

Profile Theatre has a One Night Stand coming up on Monday. Enjoy a reading of one of Neil Simon's lesser-known works, God's Favorite, on March 30th at 7:30PM. $5 suggested donation. "No reservations, no regrets." 3430 SE Belmont.

You've got just a little extra time to catch Benicio Del Toro's portrayal of Che Guevara. Steven Soderbergh's film Che ("The Complete [four hours, 23 minutes] Roadshow Edition") is at the Hollywood Theater now through Thursday. Ten bucks admission includes a special collector's edition program; check their website for showtimes.

Be sure to share your own final notices if I've forgotten anything good. Thanks, and cheers!

2 comments:

MightyToyCannon said...

Thanks for another installment of "Last Call." I hope you're planning to make this a regular feature on Culture Shock. As for me, I'm thinking I just might stay uncultured this weekend. The Holcombe Waller show is tempting, and there's BodyVox christening its new home, and movies to be seen. But it's cold and rainy too.

culturejock said...

Yes -- I managed to hit Bodyvox this weekend (there were some sun breaks!) and I quite enjoyed it. Since the Foot Opera Files close next weekend, I'll be recommending the performance in the week's edition of "Last Call."

I hope you enjoyed your weekend!