Happy Arts Advocacy Day


Today is National Arts Advocacy Day. Let's practice our march chants:

Now's the time to advocate
If you think the arts are great!

Hey Hey, Ho Ho!
We love the arts, and we want mo!

What would we do in these here parts,
If we didn't have the arts?

We love music, we love dance
Why can't we give art a chance!

Now, because that exercise has exhausted my creative potential, go read my brilliant blog post from last year, Growing the Pie, in which I argue that we need new messages to advocate for the arts. Also, I used the phrase "the chafing makes its presence known" which I have added to my growing list of prospective band names.

If that's not enough for you, go to RACC's advocacy page and learn how to write letters to your "electeds" (to adopt the nomenclature of the Industro-Politico-Lobby folks).

Trivia: If you stick toothpicks in an advocate and suspend it in water, it will grow a vine. Or am I thinking of avocados?

1 comment:

David said...

"Trivia: If you stick toothpicks in an advocate and suspend it in water, it will grow a vine. Or am I thinking of avocados?"

I know it works with potatoes...well, roots, anyway.

There's got to be something funny in there, somewhere.